Saturday, March 14, 2009

Edition I: Bisexuality

So, now the question remains: just how to broach the subject. Because right now, we are no longer JUST discussing sex...OH NO... we are discussing sexuality. To be more precise, in this post, we're discussing being Bisexual.

Bisexuality Defined: A person who is sexually attracted to and engages in sensual or sexual relationships with people of either sex. A bisexual person may not be equally attracted to both sexes, and the degree of attraction may vary over time.

OK then... that explains it... If it is nothing...

How do I know if someones "Bi?" Just like any other sexual orientation, there's no "right or wrong" way to be bisexual.

Some would argue that bisexuality isn't even real. That persons of this orientation are simply confused.

Bisexuals often face reticule, not only as what's faced by the gay community, but they don't fit the mold of heterosexual, nor do they fit in with homosexual.

And, not helping the matter is the media's depiction of bisexuality. Showing bisexuals as sex addicts, indiscriminate, without any standards, taste or class.

So, tell me...What do you think? I would love some comments on this...to truly know what you think. Think Think Think Think...

Ok, seriously... I can tell you that people feel what they feel and believe what they believe. I know it is not my place to judge. Besides I am simply the weirdest person I know, so who am I to say. I know people of every orientation and I cherish them all for everything that they are...

Do you feel differently if a friend tells you "Sally, I need to tell you that I am bi" Now, I have known people to be like "So?" and I have known others to instantly think that she was going to hit on her...Lol. Again...what do you think?

I do think people who are Bi have an "easier" time when it comes to coming out simply because they don't have to... most family and even friends don't even ever need to know. Simply because they can appear to be "normal" ... i.e. heterosexual.

Have you ever thought about it? Someone of the same sex? Are you that guy who dreams of "girl on girl?" Lol...well, we all have our own lives...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah! Totally, Like, Thank you!